It’s Sunday evening and the ‘ugh it’s Monday tomorrow’ feels are already setting in. This week has been filled with lots of lovely things, time to see family and friends and to explore new hobbies. All in all, I’ve been left feeling really inspired, loving this sunny weather finally arriving (although it is now raining…) and feeling altogether optimistic for the summer months ahead. So I thought it would be nice to take a look back at my week in pictures as a snapshot into all the moments and things I’ve enjoyed this week.
- Baking is always something I find so relaxing to do but never really seem to find the time for. So this weekend I made these amazing oaty traybake bars and they were so quick and easy to do. There will be a recipe heading to the blog soon!
- Flower School is back on at work and I’ve been snapping away at all of the students creations. My favourites this week were these gorge candle arrangement which just look lovely on mass.
- I met my lovely sister after work one night this week for cocktails and a little shop around Oxford Street. We ended up going to this place near Selfridge’s that I’ve had my eye on for a while called Mole Taco Bar – a gorgeously decorated Mexican. The cocktails were lush and the guacamole seemed endless which can only ever be a good thing!
- Friday evening James and I went to Honest Burger in Clapham Common and I think it might be my new favourite place to eat. It’s really chilled and the prices are actually pretty good, with a burger and chips being only around £10. They do a deal for burgers and cinema tickets for the cute cinema across the road which I think will be our next one to tick off the list.
- This is the amazing Mint Julep cocktail I had in Honest Burger. Being a big lover of the mojito, this new minty beverage has a new place in my heart next to it’s other minty friend.
- During the week I had to pop to New Covent Garden Flower Market to look at tropical plants for an event proposal I was working on at work. I’m all for tropical plants at the moment and really fancy getting a monstera tree for in our lounge, although I have been told they do grow wildly out of control!
- My favourite thing this week has to be the Calligraphy class I went to at Quill London in Angel. I had the best time and have been left feeling really inspired and in a slightl calligraphy loving haze. Watch this space as I will be doing a full blog post about the class very soon.
- I am loving the bright festival trend this summer and fancied doing a little nod to it this year. So I was very pleased when I came across these gems in Primark this week, they make me feel like I have a party on my feet when I wear them and I’ve had lots of other people admiring them too!
- On Saturday I met my friend Sally for a long overdue catch up over coffee at Poilane in Chelsea. It’s such a relaxing cafe and we always seem to end up in there every time we see one another!